Dr. Shubha Kumar, Education Director at the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health (IIGH) and Associate Professor at Keck School of Medicine, was quoted in an article titled “The Future of Healthcare” in O, The Oprah Magazine. Dr. Kumar discusses the innovative uses of drones in global health delivery and emergency response around the world and how USC IIGH has pioneered in creating a first-of-its-kind certificate program on the use of drones in global health.
“Medical Drones don’t just have potential-they’re already here.”Shubha Kumar, PhD, MPH
The online certificate program offered through IIGH gives an understanding of how drones are being used in public health, emergency response and related fields. The program is intended for professionals working for UN agencies, NGOs, national and local government, research institutions, and others interested in learning how drones can be utilized to improve health delivery and/or emergency response.
- Interested in learning how drones are used in global health?
- O, The Oprah Magazine talks with Dr. Shubha Kumar on the innovative use of drones in global public health
- Drones Course Sparks Opportunity for Participant in South Africa
- Drones course returns in June
- Drones that save lives? Meet humanitarian aid’s newest tool
- New online certificate course explores drones’ role in global health