The annual USC Global Health Case Competition brings together teams of students from all disciplines to tackle a critical global health challenge. Fourteen days after receiving the case, students must propose realistic, innovative solutions to a panel of expert judges. This year the competition will take place virtually.
Winning teams will get cash prizes!
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place: $100
The winning team will represent USC in the Emory Global Health Case Competition March 13-21. The USC team will compete against other universities from around the world for a chance to win the cash grand prize! *The Emory Case Competition will take place virtually. *
Registration Deadline: 5:00 PM January 31, 2021
Case Guidelines Distribution: 9:00 AM February 5, 2021
USC Global Health Case Competition: February 19, 2021
Emory Global Health Case Competition: March 13-21, 2021
- Teams must register their teams (with the names and school affiliations of each team member) by January 31, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
- Teams must comprise five members from at least three USC schools and all graduate and undergraduate students are eligible. Both on-campus and online students are eligible to participate in the case competition.
- Each team will have approximately two weeks to prepare their proposals and presentations. The case will be released on February 5, 2021, at 9:00 am pacific time to all teams and participants.
- Teams will be asked to prepare a proposal of a hypothetical solution in response to a challenge in a pressing global health topic. Teams will be given 15 minutes to present their proposals virtually to a panel of 3 or more expert judges from USC and other organizations.
- All students will receive a certificate of participation for this event.
- Meet potential teammates at a virtual mixer on January 26, 2021, at 6:00 pm via Zoom. Learn more >>