Shubha Kumar, PhD, MPH
Education Director, USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health
Director, Master of Public Health Online Program
Associate Professor of Clinical Preventive Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
University of Southern California
Location: SSB 318F
Telephone: (323) 442-7236
Shubha Kumar is an assistant professor of clinical preventive medicine and directs education at the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health. In addition, she is the director of the Master of Public Health online program at the University of Southern California.
Her professional and research interests include management and leadership in global health and development, program planning and evaluation, health systems strengthening, and best practices in knowledge transfer and health education.
She has successfully led the design and oversight of several programs in healthcare, disaster relief and education, as well as launched an international humanitarian non-governmental organization for which she was the chief operating officer.
Her recent projects include capacity-building of healthcare NGOs and the development and strengthening of emergency medical systems in sub-Saharan Africa. She is most well-known for her expertise in impact evaluation, particularly social return on investment analysis.
She has lectured and consulted nationally and internationally, as well as developed the first distance education module on this subject. Kumar teaches in the USC MPH program as well as directs the business of medicine curriculum for medical students. She earned her bachelor’s degree in biology, an MPH, and a doctorate in healthcare management and policy from UCLA.
- USC and IIGH Amref Health Africa – An Inside Look at Our Evolving Partnership (9/15/2020)
- November 2, 2020 12:00 PM, PDT- What Will it Take to Distribute a COVID-19 Vaccine in the U.S? (10/22/2020)
- October 28, 2020 – Geographic Thinking and GIS for Global Health (10/20/2020)
- This Sacred Earth & The Climate Crisis: What’s Real and What We Can Do (10/12/2020)
- Self-care and Health: The Interplay of Technologies, Ethics, and Human Rights – Are We Going Back to the Future, or is it a Whole New World? (9/24/2020)
- HIV Recency Testing: Should Results be Disclosed to Individuals Tested? (9/14/2020)
- Global Health and Human Rights for a Postpandemic World (9/12/2020)
- The SDG Leadership Academy: Students And the City of Los Angeles Work Towards A Sustainable Future (9/11/2020)
- Between Progress and Backlash: Protecting Sexual Rights and Reproductive Rights (9/10/2020)
- Addressing the Dual Challenges of Climate Change and COVID-19 (9/1/2020)