Shubha Kumar, PhD, MPH
Education Director, USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health
Director, Master of Public Health Online Program
Associate Professor of Clinical Preventive Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
University of Southern California
Location: SSB 318F
Telephone: (323) 442-7236
Shubha Kumar is director of education & training at the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health. She is also an associate professor of clinical preventive medicine and director of the Master of Public Health online program at the University of Southern California.
Her professional and research interests include management and leadership in global health and development, program planning and evaluation, health systems strengthening, and capacity building.
She has successfully led the design and oversight of several programs in healthcare, disaster relief and education, as well as launched an international humanitarian non-governmental organization for which she was the chief operating officer.
Her recent projects include monitoring & evaluation of health programs and capacity-building and training of health workforce. She is most well-known for her expertise in impact evaluation, particularly social return on investment analysis.
She has lectured and consulted nationally and internationally, as well as developed the first distance education module on this subject. Kumar teaches in the USC MPH program including courses on global health leadership, global health ethics, and sustainable development and health. She earned her bachelor’s degree in biology, an MPH, and a doctorate in healthcare management and policy from UCLA.
- Interested in learning how drones are used in global health? (5/20/2021)
- O, The Oprah Magazine talks with Dr. Shubha Kumar on the innovative use of drones in global public health (11/4/2019)
- Establishing Competencies for a Global Health Workforce: Recommendations from the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (3/26/2019)
- Drones course returns in June (1/31/2019)
- Drones that save lives? Meet humanitarian aid’s newest tool (6/6/2018)
- New online certificate course explores drones’ role in global health (4/26/2018)
- New course takes students to Costa Rica to learn about planetary health, equity (2/16/2018)
- A novel methodology for strengthening human rights based monitoring in public health: Family planning indicators as an illustrative example (12/8/2017)
- USC researchers develop method to monitor human rights in public health services (11/10/2017)
- Global health courses go global, live (8/16/2017)
You must be logged in to post a comment.