Heather Wipfli, PhD
Associate Director, USC Institute for Global Health
Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC & School of International Relations
Location: SSB 318K
Telephone: (323) 865-0411
Heather Wipfli, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California and the Associate Director for the USC Institute for Global Health.
Dr. Wipfli holds a Ph.D. in International Studies from the Graduate Institute of International Studies at the University of Geneva. Her research focuses on international cooperation and governance approaches to improve health, specifically in regards to global chronic disease control including tobacco use, obesity, and exposure to air pollution.
Prior to joining USC, Dr. Wipfli directed research and training for the Institute for Global Tobacco Control at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and worked on the development of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control as a technical officer at the World Health Organization headquarters in Geneva.
She has published work on global tobacco control, globalization and health, capacity building in low- and middle-income countries and health security.
- New global health fellowship funds student projects abroad (7/17/2017)
- USC wins big at international global health case competition (3/29/2017)
- Could tobacco companies quit making traditional cigarettes? (12/1/2016)
- Barriers to Reconstructive Surgery in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Cross-Sectional Study of 453 Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate Patients in Vietnam (11/7/2016)
- Three Eras in Global Tobacco Control: How Global Governance Processes Influenced Online Tobacco Control Networking (10/16/2016)
- Defining tobacco regulatory science competencies (7/18/2016)
- Training the Next Generation of Global Health Experts: Experiences and Recommendations From Pacific Rim Universities (6/23/2016)
- The Tsao Fellowship in Global Health: A Model for International Fellowships in a Surgery Residency (4/25/2016)
- One Hundred Years in the Making: The Global Tobacco Epidemic (4/25/2016)
- 05/05/16 – The Global War on Tobacco: Mapping the World’s First Public Health Treaty (4/15/2016)