Shubha Kumar, PhD, MPH
Director of Distance Education Programs, USC Institute for Global Health
Director, Master of Public Health Online Program
Assistant Professor of Clinical Preventive Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Location: SSB 318F
Telephone: (323) 442-7236
Shubha Kumar, Ph.D., MPH, is Assistant Professor of Clinical Preventive Medicine and Director of the Online Master of Public Health Program at the Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California.
Her professional and research interests include management and leadership in global health and development, program planning & evaluation, health systems strengthening, and best practices in knowledge transfer and health education. She has successfully led the design and oversight of several programs in healthcare, disaster relief, and education, as well as launched an international humanitarian NGO for which she was the Chief Operating Officer.
Her recent projects include capacity building of healthcare NGOs and the development and strengthening of emergency medical systems in sub-Saharan Africa. She is most well-known for her expertise in impact evaluation, particularly Social Return on Investment Analysis.
She has lectured and consulted nationally and internationally, as well as developed the first distance education module on this subject. Dr. Kumar teaches in the USC Master of Public Health Program as well as directs the Business of Medicine curriculum for medical students. She earned her B.S. in Biology, and M.P.H. and Ph.D. in Healthcare Management & Policy from the University of California Los Angeles.
- Global health courses go global, live (8/16/2017)
- Assessing value-for-money in maternal and newborn health (8/4/2017)
- USC takes part in 2017 Consortium of Universities for Global Health (4/14/2017)
- Social Return on Investment (SROI): An Innovative Approach to Sustainable Development Goals for Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming in sub-Saharan Africa (11/21/2016)
- Vietnam works with USC and partners to develop health policy for safe, effective surgical care (11/14/2016)
- New global health courses commence online—and around the world (9/1/2016)
- USC online public health program presented at national education conference (3/18/2016)
- Literature review examines rights and sexual, reproductive health of women living with HIV (1/23/2016)
- Experts convene at WHO family planning meeting (1/19/2016)
- Global Health LIVE goes global—live (12/7/2015)