The annual USC Global Health Case Competition brings together teams of students from all disciplines to tackle a critical global health challenge. Fourteen days after receiving the case, students must propose realistic, innovative solutions to a panel of expert judges.
The winning team will travel to Emory University in Atlanta, GA to represent USC in the Emory Global Health Case Competition on March 13th. Compete against other universities from around the world for a chance to win the cash grand prize! *Travel is free courtesy of IIGH*
Virtual Mixer: 6:00 PM December 4, 2019
Registration Deadline: 5:00 PM January 17, 2020
Case Guidelines Distribution: 9:00 AM January 24, 2020
USC Global Health Case Competition: February 7, 2020
Emory Global Health Case Competition: March 12-15, 2020
- Teams must register their teams (with the names and school affiliations of each team member) by January 17, 2020, at 5:00 PM.
- Teams must comprise five members from at least three USC schools and all graduate and undergraduate students are eligible.
- Each team will have approximately two weeks to prepare their proposals and presentations. The case will be released on January 24, 2020, at 9:00 am pacific time to all teams and participants.
- Teams will be asked to prepare a proposal of a hypothetical program in response to a challenge in a pressing global health topic. Teams will be given 15 minutes to present their proposals in front of a panel of 3 judges, all global health experts from USC and other organizations.
- The winning team will travel to Emory University in Atlanta, GA to represent USC and compete in the International Emory Global Health Case Competition on March 13 against other universities from around the world for a chance to win the cash grand prize!
- All travel (airfare and lodging) and participation expenses for the winning team will be covered by the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health.
- All students will receive a certificate of participation for this event.
- Meet potential teammates at a virtual mixer on December 4, 2019, at 6:00 pm via Zoom. Learn more >>
Stay up-to-date as the competition approaches and get connected with potential teammates. Fill out the interest form >>