This course in Costa Rica educates students about planetary health and health equity.
MAY 19-JUNE 1, 2018
- Learn about how climate change, biodiversity loss, migration, sustainable development, and equity relate to health among populations in Costa Rica
- Led by Professors Mellissa Withers & Shubha Kumar
- 4 units offered for 14-day trip
- Stay in 3 different locations- San Jose, San Vito, and Osa Peninsula
- Option to stay additional 4 weeks to complete a practicum; Spanish preferred
- Visits to local health clinics, a public health research institute; governmental public health agencies and NGOS, national parks, and indigenous communities
- Option to stay longer to travel or study Spanish afterwards
- cost is $1,200 plus tuition & airfare from US (includes lodging, meals, tours & more)
- No Spanish required. All graduate and medical students welcome!
- Sign-up by March 15, 2018. To sign up or for more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is available to all USC graduate students.
Visit costarica.usc.edu for more information.