As a cross-campus organization, the USC Institute for Global Health values scholars of all disciplines and interests and hopes to encourage active participation in global health activities on campus. Through the USC Global Health Student Ambassadors program, students and alumni will be able to connect more closely with the Institute’s faculty and partners, and get more out of their global health education and Trojan family connections.
All USC students are invited to join!
USC Global Health Student Ambassadors will get priority access to exclusive discussions with experts, Institute internship opportunities, research project positions and volunteer openings. As a USC Global Health Student Ambassador, you will be invited to share your global health accomplishments (internships, awards, research projects, etc.) to be featured in our email newsletter, website and social media. In addition, all USC Global Health Ambassador alumni will be invited to share their career successes (publications, job changes, etc.) through our channels.
The USC Global Health Student Ambassadors Program aims to foster long-term connections between global health faculty and staff with students and alumni who are highly engaged in global health activities at USC. We hope to keep track of students’ global health accomplishments both at USC and in the workforce. Graduating ambassadors will receive a printed certificate of membership signed by the directors of the USC Institute for Global Health.
Each year, Ambassadors must complete the following requirements between the Fall and Spring semesters of the academic year in order to maintain their membership status.
- Attend three (or more) Institute for Global Health events per year (i.e. the USC Global Health Lecture Series). Make sure to sign-in at the desk when you arrive so we can keep track of your participation!
- Subscribe to USC Global Health Newsletter; this will ensure you are up-to-date on all ongoing global health activities through the Institute and its partners.
- Submit one or more entries to the USC Global Health Travel Blog about either of the following (must be related to global health): international experience (i.e. research project or volunteer work) or conference/event you attended. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to post.
Additional ways to be involved:
We won’t track your participation with these activities but strongly encourage you to engage as much as possible in the following ways:
- Follow USC Institute for Global Health (@USCGlobalHelath) social channels: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
- Help share/promote information about Institute for Global Health events on campus—retweet, share on Facebook, post an Instagram photo, share to your classes/student groups and hand out flyers!
- Attend discussions with experts following lecture events—we’ll send you an email when these opportunities arrive!
- Apply for internships, awards and planning committees when available; see announcements in our newsletter.
- Volunteer for organizations or international experiences like the USC Public Health Immersion program in Uganda.
- Add your international research project to our Global Health Project Map.
- Email us when you get an internship, job, scholarship, fellowship, article published, presentation invitation, etc. related to global health! We may feature you in our newsletter, social channels and website.
Please use the form below to sign up for the program. We will review your information and send an email confirming that you have joined the program. If you complete the requirements above by the end of the academic year, you will receive an electronic certificate indicating you have earned the status of Ambassador. Please note: this is not an academic certificate
Let us know what you hope to get out of the USC Global Health Student Ambassador program! Please only respond once to the polls below.