- This event has passed.
IIGH Student Symposium 2022
November 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
IIGH offers students from all degree programs an array of fellowships, internships, courses and other opportunities to address global health inequalities. This virtual symposium will give you the opportunity to hear from undergraduate and graduate students from across USC about the programs, projects and research they have been engaged in with IIGH over the past year, and how they see these experiences shaping their career paths in global health and beyond. Attendees will gain information regarding the range of opportunities available through IIGH this coming year.
All those interested in learning more are encouraged to attend!
Students presenting at the symposium will speak about:
- Health and Human Rights Oral History Project;
- Breman Global Health Immersion Fellowship and research opportunities abroad;
- USC Global Health Case Competition; and
- Research projects and training opportunities with IIGH and global organizations.
Attendees will learn about these and other opportunities being offered next spring, summer and beyond.
- Maylis Basturk (M.D., Keck School of Medicine), student researcher
- Manushri Desai (B.S. public policy, Price School of Public Policy), Case Competition winner
- Lillie Guo (B.S. global health, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences), student researcher
- Abigail Kim (B.S. global health, Keck School of Medicine), Breman Global Health Immersion Fellow
- Mihir Kumar (B.S. human biology; B.A. economics, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences), Case Competition winner
- Justine Po (M.D., Keck School of Medicine), Breman Global Health Immersion Fellow
- Asna Tabassum (B.S. biomedical engineering, Viterbi School of Engineering), student researcher
USC IIGH Faculty Moderator
- Shubha Kumar, USC IIGH Director of Education and Training