- 06/09/16 – Zika Virus Awareness Symposium - How will the Zika virus impact Greater Los Angeles? Attend this science-based public awareness symposium to learn the facts about the latest research and prevention strategies to fight Zika.
- 09/28/16 – 2016 APRU Global Health Program Workshop - The 2016 APRU Global Health Program Workshop will be hosted Sept. 28 - Oct. 1, 2016, by the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
- 05/05/16 – 4th Annual Health Policy Symposium & Networking Event - The University of Southern California’s Fourth Annual Health Policy Symposium & Networking Event will feature discussions including soda taxation, mental health, gun safety, HIV screening, homelessness, medical marijuana, cost of pharmaceuticals, e-cigarettes and the scope of allied health professionals. The featured speaker is Assemblyman Jimmy Gomez, who represents California’s 51st Assembly District.
- 05/05/16 – The Global War on Tobacco: Mapping the World’s First Public Health Treaty - USC Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science Seminar Series Presents “The Global War on Tobacco: Mapping the World’s First Public Health Treaty,” by USC Institute for Global Health Associate Director Heather Wipfli.
- 05/25/16 – Lethal But Legal: Corporations, Consumption and Protecting Public Health - USC Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science Book Club invites you to attend “Lethal But Legal: Corporations, Consumption and Protecting Public Health,” presented by Nicholas Freudenberg, Distinguished Professor of Public Health and Director of the Doctoral Program at CUNY’s School of Public Health.
- 05/25/15 – Assessing Stress Amongst Adolescents in Los Angeles - Join us in supporting young scholars at this special STAR Program research seminar! Suravi Nahar and Raqibul Mollah are graduating seniors at the Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School and have been working with the USC Institute for Global Health through the USC STAR Program for the past year.
- 11/04/15 – HIV Decision Making and Linkages to Care: Research and Practice from Brazil - Eliana Zucchi, MPH, and Sarah MacCarthy, DSc, will provide an overview of critical issues concerning HIV/AIDS in Brazil. Although Brazil is widely recognized for its successful response in making antiretroviral treatment free and universally available, persistent obstacles remain. Eliana will discuss her work on psychosocial aspects underlying decision-making about HIV testing among adolescents with special…
- The current state of play of research on the social, political and legal dimensions of HIV - By Vera Paiva, Laura Ferguson, Peter Aggleton, Purnima Mane, Angela Kelly-Hanku, Le Minh Giang, Regina M. Barbosa, Carlos F. Caceres and Richard Parker, published in Cadernos de Saude Publica.
- 06/12/14 – Assessing Risk Factors of Overweight and Obesity among Adolescents in Los Angeles - Join us in supporting young scholars at this special STAR Program research seminar! Anasazi Coronel & Rosa Argueta are graduating seniors at the Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School and have been working with the USC Institute for Global Health through the USC STAR Program for the past year.
- Orientations and Identities: Human Rights on the Global Stage Workshop - Leading scholars and practitioners working at the intersection of sexuality, health, human rights, international relations and development, came together at the workshop “Orientations and Identities: Sexuality and Human Rights on the Global Stage” to form the basis for the development of global research in this area.