Laura Ferguson, PhD, SM, MA
Director, Program on Global Health & Human Rights
Assistant Professor of Preventive Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
University of Southern California
Associate Editor, Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters
Location: SSB 318H
Telephone: (323) 442-7235
Laura Ferguson is an assistant professor of preventive medicine at the University of Southern California, the director of the Program on Global Health & Human Rights and the director of research at the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health.
Her research focuses on understanding and addressing health system and societal factors affecting health and the uptake of health services as well as developing the evidence base of how attention to human rights can improve health outcomes. She is interested in innovative methodologies to better understand how societal-level interventions can improve health, and she has carried out many large-scale evaluations with this aim. She collaborates with a range of United Nations agencies as well as foundations, universities and non-governmental organizations in different countries. She has spent extended periods of time living and working in low-income countries, primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. Her work focuses primarily on HIV, sexual and reproductive health and child health.
She is also an associate editor for the journal Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters.
Laura Ferguson earned her SM in population and international health from the Harvard University School of Public Health and her PhD from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- View Program on Global Health & Human Rights publications »
- View Program on Global Health & Human Rights projects »
- Download full-size photo [JPG] »
- Global Health and Human Rights under the New Administration: Steps to Set Priorities for our Collective Agenda (11/20/2020)
- USC and IIGH Amref Health Africa – An Inside Look at Our Evolving Partnership (9/15/2020)
- RSVP “The Cut” Viewing and Discussion Panel (3/5/2021)
- Planetary Health: Environmental Health 4.0? (3/5/2021)
- Power, Privilege, and Reproductive Justice in Global Health (2/16/2021)
- February 10th – Conflicts Between Law and Public Trust in the Name of Public Health: COVID Experiences From Around the World (2/1/2021)
- January 21, 2021 – USC IIGH Student Symposium (1/12/2021)
- 2021 Global Health Case Competition Virtual Mixer (12/1/2020)
- 2021 Virtual Global Health Case Competition (12/1/2020)
- November 2, 2020 12:00 PM, PDT- What Will it Take to Distribute a COVID-19 Vaccine in the U.S? (10/22/2020)
- October 28, 2020 – Geographic Thinking and GIS for Global Health (10/20/2020)