Associate Director, Program on Global Health & Human Rights
Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Associate Editor, Reproductive Health Matters
Location: SSB 318H
Telephone: (323) 442-7235
Laura Ferguson is an Assistant Professor at the USC Institute for Global Health and co-Director of the Program on Global Health & Human Rights at the Keck School of Medicine.
Professor Ferguson earned her MSc in Population and International Health from the Harvard School of Public Health and her PhD from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
Her research focuses on understanding and addressing health system and societal factors affecting the uptake of health services, and developing the evidence base of how attention to human rights can improve health outcomes. She collaborates with a range of UN agencies, foundations, universities and non-governmental organizations in different countries. She has spent extended periods of time in low income countries, primarily in sub-Saharan Africa, collaborating with partners, helping to build the capacity of her local colleagues, and designing and managing research and projects to tackle a broad range of issues including HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, and child health.
Professor Ferguson is also an Associate Editor for Reproductive Health Matters (RHM).
- View Program on Global Health & Human Rights publications »
- View Program on Global Health & Human Rights projects »
- Download full-size photo [JPG] »
- New tool maps knowledge base to end HIV-related stigma in health care (4/7/2017)
- Not without a fight: standing up against the Global Gag Rule (3/6/2017)
- 01/25/17 – Generating Research to Support Transgender Populations (12/20/2016)
- WORLD AIDS DAY: Moving beyond despair to concerted HIV activism (12/1/2016)
- Africa regional HIV work continues in Botswana for key informant interviews (11/12/2016)
- Program on Global Health & Human Rights presents at Global Symposium on Health Systems Research (11/2/2016)
- Africa Regional HIV Grant Evaluation Update: Interviews in Cote D’Ivoire, findings presented in South Africa (10/5/2016)
- Dr. Ferguson travels to Zimbabwe on behalf of the World Bank (10/5/2016)
- Experts discuss Global Fund objectives (5/11/2016)
- Midline evaluation prepped in The Gambia (5/5/2016)